Shane and I were talking about week about how he missed garlic bread, so over the weekend I decided to try out a low carb version! These low carb cauliflower “breadsticks” are delicious!
- 1 medium head cauliflower ( about 700g)
- 2 whole eggs
- 8 T parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove minced garlic (or 1/3 t garlic powder)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Marinara Sauce for Dipping
- Additional Cheese for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut cauliflower into medium sized florets. Place florets in a food processor and pulse until cauliflower becomes fine like “rice” (or can do by hand using a cheese grater). Microwave riced cauliflower 5-8 minutes, until softened.
3. While the cauliflower is cooking, if using fresh garlic, sauté 2-3 minutes. Once cauliflower has softened, add the seasonings and cheese. Whisk the whole egg and white together, then, quickly stir into the cauliflower mixture so the heat doesn’t cook the egg.
4. Line a small loaf pan with parchment paper so the paper hangs over the sides. Pour mixture into the pan, and push the mixture down so it is nice and compact. Bake 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
5. When golden, lift the loaf out of the pan by the parchment paper and flip it upside down on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Bake another 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and slice the loaf in 15 “breadsticks.” Broil another 2-3 minutes until crisp. Serve with warmed marinara. Sprinkle with more cheese or olive oil before serving, your preference.